Policies as of February 28, 2020
1. ALL PAYMENTS are to be made payable to Education Arts Canada (“EAC”) by cheque. Deposits are due within 10 days of booking. Balance of invoice is due on the day of the performance.
2. TOTAL CANCELLATION of a booking must be made at least 90 school days prior to the performance. We will do our best to accommodate scheduling conflicts, snow days, etc. Deposits are non-refundable. Once Confirmation has been signed by the school, the Deposit amount is still payable, regardless of cancellation.
3. PERFORMERS and PROMOTION: EAC shows are created by Juno award winners, Judy & David and their team; however the performance in your school will not include Judy & David, themselves. Please do not advertise or infer that Judy & David will be coming to your school.
4. PERFORMANCE SPACE: The production will provide all necessary equipment, however, we will require full, uninterrupted use of your school gym or auditorium for the duration of our set-up, performance, and take-down. Specific times will be discussed with your school closer to your show date (generally, beginning one hour prior to show time until 45 minutes post show). Bells and announcements should be turned off from the gym/auditorium during the show. The performers will not perform in any space that threatens their physical safety (for example, a stage that is falling apart or wet and slippery, exposed electrical wiring, etc.).
5. ACCESS: The production has heavy equipment that must be rolled to the gym or performance space. The school will inform EAC AT TIME OF BOOKING if there are more than 6 steps between the load-in point (ie where our van can pull up to unload our equipment) and the gym floor (or other performance space floor). If there are more than 6 steps and no working elevator, EAC may not accept the booking. If the school does not inform EAC of steps and if there is no working elevator on the day of the performance, EAC may opt to cancel the performance and the full fee will still be payable.
6. COPYRIGHT: Schools may not videotape or otherwise record the performance without the prior written consent of EAC. Teacher resources may be freely downloaded, printed, copied and distributed within the school only – and only in connection with a school who has legitimately purchased one of our programs.
7. THEATRE ETIQUETTE AND SAFETY: Our performances are interactive and therefore students are welcome to participate at various times. We do ask, however, that all students and teachers are respectful by turning off all electronic devices, providing full attention to the stage, no talking among themselves. This will ensure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the performance. EAC programs are designed with the health and safety of the students in mind; however, performers cannot supervise the behavior of individual students during the performance to ensure good behaviour and their safety. This is the sole responsibility of the teachers and school staff present during the performance.
8. UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES & INCLEMENT WEATHER: In cases of inclement weather and other unforeseen circumstances, EAC and the school will make best efforts to reschedule to a new date within the same school year. Should this not be possible, the following policy will apply: When EAC has initiated the cancellation of a performance for any reason (even for circumstances beyond its control), the school will owe EAC nothing and EAC will refund any payments already received. When the school initiates cancellation of the performance (even for circumstances beyond its control), the school will still owe the amount contracted in its original contract. As a registered not-for-profit organization, EAC is not able to provide refunds or cancel reservation contracts for unexpected factors which may prevent a school from attending.