In- Theatre School Show Policies
As of April 5th 2016
- ALL PAYMENTS are to be made payable and mailed to Education Arts Canada by cheque. Non-refundable deposit is required within 7 days of booking. Balance is due 2 weeks prior to the show.
- REDUCTIONS to your booking: You may request a reduction of up to 10% of your original paid seats no later than 21 days prior to the performance. Please issue Permission Forms early so that you will have your final numbers no later than 21 days prior to the performance as no reductions can be made after this date.
- TOTAL CANCELLATION : Written cancellations are accepted as follows:
- Cancellations made within 14 days of the performance date will require payment of your full invoice
- Cancellations made within 15-90 days will require a payment of 50% of your full invoice
- Cancellations made more than 90 days before the performance lose the deposit only.
- Deposits are non-refundable. Deposit amount is due regardless of when cancellation is requested once contract has been signed.
- DAY OF THE PERFORMANCE: We allow a maximum number of absentees equal to 5% of your most recent paid seat amount. We will issue your group a refund cheque upon written request.
- SEATING: There are no physical tickets for our schools shows. Classes will be seated upon their arrival at the discretion of the Front of House Manager. Please understand that they have to take into consideration number of students from each group and needs of those that require accessibility seating, as they try to seat each group together. All teachers, parents and students are required to follow the instruction of the theatre staff and be seated where assigned. AFTER your school has been fully seated, teachers may at this time, if deemed necessary and if the show has not begun, make changes to seating within their allotted section.
- BUSES: Please arrange with the bus company to deliver your students to the theatre approximately 15-20 minutes prior to show start time. Shows are approximately 55-60 mins long.
- TEACHERS and CHAPERONES are offered free seats at the rate of one free seat per 10 paid seats. Any additional teachers, parents or chaperones beyond this number will require a paid seat. All seat requests must come from the school group, not directly from parents. Please do not ask the parents to call us directly.
- ALL CORRESPONDENCE regarding the show and your booking should be with Education Arts Canada, not with the theatre. Our phone number is 905-763-0852. You can reach us via email at email@example.com
- Education Arts Canada reserves the right to substitute performers. Reminder that although our shows are written by “Judy & David”, Judy does not tour with the shows and David may or may not be in every show.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER CANCELLATIONS: If school buses in the area are cancelled due to inclement weather, EAC will make best efforts to reschedule the performance. The school will make best efforts to attend the new date. If arrangements cannot be made, all fees will be refunded or credited to a future performance. If most schools attending a given performance cannot attend, the entire performance may be cancelled and rescheduled at EAC’s sole discretion.
- THEATRE ETIQUETTE: No food, drink or gum is allowed in the theatre. Please ensure cell phones are turned off. Absolutely no flash photography and no video please. All students must be accompanied by an adult when using washroom facilities.