March 23, 2020
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Education Arts Canada shows are suspended until Ontario schools are back in session, at the earliest. Watch for updates here and on our main page.
March 11, 2020
Education Arts Canada is monitoring the developments in Canada’s response to the COVID-19 virus. A trip to the theatre should always be a fun, safe experience. In respect of our audiences, cast and crew, please note the following policies:
- As of today’s date Public Health lists the local risk as low; however, EAC will continue to monitor Public Health guidance.
- Should Ontario Public Health (or INSPQ for our few Quebec shows) order school closures or performance cancellations, EAC and the affected school will make best efforts to find a mutually-acceptable alternative for after the health crisis is over. Should no mutually acceptable alternative be found, the school will be excused from its reservation contract and any funds received by EAC will be returned. Barring such closure or cancellation orders from Ontario Public Health or INSPQ, all performances will proceed as planned.
- All EAC cast and crew will follow the recommended guidelines from Public Health regarding protecting themselves and others.
Schools are expected to follow the same guidelines:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Sneeze and cough into your sleeve
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
You may not attend the show (or be in EAC’s cast or crew) if you have been to one of the identified high risk affected areas in the 14 days prior to the performance:
- China (mainland)
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- Any other area identified by Ontario Public Health.
Updates at: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus#section-3
Should your school need to adjust your number of seats by more than the contracted allowable amount because of a high number of students who have been to one of the above areas, please contact us.
Thank you for your understanding,
Education Arts Canada