Join Our Team!
As one of Canada’s largest, most respected presenters of touring educational theatre, our productions are an exciting, prestigious addition to your resumé. Our professional team is always paid and has the privilege of presenting shows to tens of thousands of appreciative audience members in some of the country’s most beautiful venues such as the 1125 seat historic Sanderson Centre in Brantford, Ontario (pictured).
Please note: The following position(s) are with our production partner, All Together Now Corporation, and are posted courtesy of Education Arts Canada. All Together Now is one of Canada’s largest producers of curriculum-related concerts and theatrical events.
Stage Manager, “Red’s in the Hood”
Salary commensurate with experience.
Hotel + Meal diems paid for all ‘away’ shows.
March 29 training
April 2-4 – away shows
April 23-26 local shows
April 29 to June 1st mix of local and away shows with May 21-25 off.
Experienced Stage Manager preferred
Knowledge of Qlab is a bonus
Join us as the Stage Manager of one of Canada’s largest touring educational theatre shows, touring to beautiful theatres and other venues in the Greater Toronto area and beyond. General job responsibilities as follows:
- Help unload truck on arrival at theatre
- Establish set up of backstage area – location for sound equipment and stage manager, prop tables, quick change area if necessary, crossover from stage right to left – ensure all these areas are adequately lit
- Supervise set up of set and sound equipment
- Spike stage where necessary
- Place props on prop tables
- Ensure costumes are available for Adult cast
- Set up timing for sound check – and call actors to the stage at the appropriate time
- Give time calls starting from half hour
- Once house manager gives us the house, stage manager controls when to make the call to start the show
- During show: run sound and video cues on Qlab, mic mute calls, curtain (or, if theatre provides curtain tech, give the call), assist in quick changes if necessary, prop management, mic issues if arising
- Between shows: reset props, set, costumes
- Load out: pack props, ensure set and sound equipment packed, costumes hung up/packed, dressing rooms checked, spike marks removed
- Help ensure the safety and professional management of the stage
More information about Red’s in the Hood is here.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume via email to:
Director of Operations
All Together Now Corporation and Education Arts Canada