Join Our Team!
As one of Canada’s largest, most respected presenters of touring educational theatre, our productions are an exciting, prestigious addition to your resumé. Our professional team is always paid and has the privilege of presenting shows to tens of thousands of appreciative audience members in some of the country’s most beautiful venues such as the 1125 seat historic Sanderson Centre in Brantford, Ontario (pictured).
Please note: The following position(s) are with our production partner, All Together Now Corporation, and are posted courtesy of Education Arts Canada. All Together Now is one of Canada’s largest producers of curriculum-related concerts and theatrical events.
Positions currently available:
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR – The Secret Life of Riley K
Funded in part by the Ontario Trillium Foundation and developed with an Advisory Committee of mental health-care professionals, The Secret Life of Riley K. is a ground-breaking new musical about anxiety, mental health, and courage.
Tour hold: Approximately Feb 25 – End of May, 2018. The tour will typically present two shows every school day in different locations within 90 minutes of Toronto. Successful candidates may be eligible to continue working with Education Arts Canada in successive tours, typically running from October through the beginning of June every school year.
Applicants must have expertise and experience with the following:
- Mixing live sound for theatre and/or concerts. Specific experience with the Behringer X32 mixer is a bonus.
- Configuring and using wireless microphones and in-ear monitor systems. Specific experience with Sennheiser systems is a bonus.
- Executing sound and/or video cues for theatre. Specific experience with Mac computers and Qlab software is a bonus.
In addition, applicants must:
- Be an experienced, safe driver. TD will drive our Ford Transit Connect (small van) to all shows.
- Provide a police background check (for working with children)
- Be a supportive, cooperative team player
- Have an excellent, positive attitude. The ideal candidate will be able to think on their feet, with excellent problem solving abilities and the ability to be inspired by touring challenges, not overcome by them.
This is a non-union position servicing a not-for-profit organization. Pay varies with experience and with number of shows per day, but is typically in the range of $150 per day (plus applicable lodging and food per diems).
For more on the show, click here.
To apply, please send resume to Sylvia Callaghan at firstname.lastname@example.org